Tuesday 31 December 2013

Bands list | 2013

Hey guys! So, with the end of 2013 quickly approaching, I thought it would be a good opportunity to reflect back on this year. My last post, which you can read here, looks back on this year as a whole. However, for this post, I'm going to look back at the music I've seen and discovered this year, through gigs, recommendations etc..

Me being me, I absolutely love music. To be honest, it's what gets me through most days. I would listen to it all day given the chance. Music keeps you sane and can easily help your mood. Well, that's how I see it..Music has really helped me this year and being able to see certain bands live has made it just that little bit extra special. Admittedly, I didn't see many bands this year, but I saw the ones that mattered to me.

To begin with, I went to Slamdunk Festival in Wolverhampton. Big step for me, never thought I'd be able to survive a festival, not ever! However, with a group of friends, turns out I can surprise myself. My main aim for Slamdunk was to go and see All Time Low as they were headlining the main stage, but this festival was a great opportunity to listen to new bands and, over time, I have grown a great interest in these bands. 

To start, we saw The Summer Set. For those who have never listened to these guys, I would definitely recommend you give them a listen. Their music is just so upbeat and you can't help but just smile to their music, or that might just be me.. Probably something to do with the very attractive lead singer - sounds about right! Other bands we saw included: Sleeping With Sirens, We Are The Ocean and Kids In Glass Houses. Now, I had never heard KIGH's music before Slamdunk but, after seeing them live, I am in love with their music. I find myself getting so lost in their music. Definitely another one to listen to!

So that was Slamdunk.. My first festival, but not my last..

Next, I went to the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff to go and see You Me At Six and  30 Seconds To Mars. Two incredible bands which were insane live. Even though I'd already seen You Me At Six a couple of years ago (my first ever gig - scary!), it was amazing to see them live again. So full of energy and their music was simply perfect. Then we had 30 Seconds To Mars. Oh my god, these guys completely threw me with how amazing they are live. This was my first time seeing these guys and it definitely won't be my last! I just fell in love with their performance the moment they came on the stage, such energy and it shows they truly love their fans when they engage with them so much. Perfection. To see my review of the gig, you can read that here.  

Finally, I recently went to a gig in Bristol with a friend from college as she wanted someone to go with her and, apart from the lack of hearing the next day, I do not regret it one bit! We went to The Fleece to go and see Mindless Self Indulgence, a band I had only ever heard of before seeing them. Never listened to their music, so this was a new experience for me. They were supported by a couple of bands, including one called The Red Paintings which, if you like strange music, you should really consider checking out. Let's just say this gig completely shocked me in many ways. I've never been to such a crazy gig would I could never in any world imagine. Such an amazing atmosphere and such insane music - not one for delicate ears! We decided to hang around after and managed to meet 3/4 of the band which was awesome - only managed to miss the drummer, but the other three were so great to talk to. It only came to my attention after the gig that the bassist, Lynz, is married or whatever to Gerard Way.. THE GERARD WAY, I HUGGED SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN NEAR GERARD WAY!! *fangirl moment*

So yeah, that was it really for 2013. Not much, but I saw the bands which matter to me. Next year has even more instore for me which should be incredible..


2014 consists of: 
 Fall Out Boy, The Pretty Reckless and Reading Festival so far, with hopefully many more to add!

Happy new year, guys! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment