Saturday 21 December 2013

2013 | The Review

Hey guys! So, another year is coming to an end as we get closer to the New Year and even closer to Christmas. Amazing how quickly this month has passed, yet I still haven't finished my Christmas shopping - not my most organised month!

With the new year in sight, I started thinking. So much has happened this year and I have learnt so many life lessons. But it's safe to say 2013 has been a very successful and, in a way, proud year for me. I've accomplished so much more than I thought I would and gone above and beyond my own expectations of myself which has been a real shock to me. Normally I'm kind of a negative nelly and figure that someone is always better. Well, this year I've proven otherwise for myself and proven I am capable of what I want to do!

What I've accomplished this year:
  • Got an A for my first year of Childcare
  • Passed my driving test first time
  • Went to my first festival
  • Chosen my career path
  • Discovered myself as a person

So, as well as accomplishments, I've learnt so many life lessons this year. Admittedly, I've learnt some of these lessons in a much harder way than others. Wish I hadn't, but hey ho - that's life. So here we go!

This years life lessons:
  • People will try and ruin your happiness, it's your job to prove them wrong
  • Money magically disappears - mine normally disappears in New Look!
  • Make yourself known and people will remember you
  • Some people will leave without a trace
  • It's your life, you make the rules and choose the paths
  • You can do anything you put your mind to 
  • I can only trust a handful of people
  • Some so-called 'friends' aren't going to be there forever - it's your job to find people who are willing to stand by you
  • Friendships can be recovered, no matter how damaged
So yeah, I think this year has been insightful to say the least. Some events have been less appreciated which we won't go into, but I have learnt so much about me, myself and my life this year. Personally, I feel like my life is just beginning. Soon, I'll be out there in the real world. Working, living. Damn, that's scary.

Merry Christmas, guys! Have an amazing week and an epic New Year - see you on the other side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment