Sunday 31 May 2015

DIY Polaroid Heart Collage

'Print your memories' - Cheerz (formerly known as Polabox)

I recently decided to get a whole load of my pictures printed, but I didn't want the boring normal 6x4 or 7x5 print - I wanted to get them printed like polaroid pictures. I didn't really want to invest in a polaroid camera or printer, simply because they cost so much in the long run.. Buying all the films etc and the camera/printer itself isn't exactly cheap! So I took a look online.

There are so many brands to choose from: some brands that print straight from your Instagram, others may cost quite a lot to print.. Then I came across Cheerz.

Cheerz allows you to upload pictures from: your computer, Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox and other social networking sites which is very useful when all your pictures can be across a few networking sites! Their site is also very user friendly and so easy to use.



Once I had selected the 30 pictures it recommends, it then came up with a further offer of adding another 15 pictures for an extra 20p per print so you could either get 30 for £13.95 or 40 for £16.20.


Once my pictures arrived, I was so excited to open the box. I was so impressed with the quality of the pictures, the fact that none came back distorted or ruined. Picture perfection. Now, what to do with these pictures...

My friend recently told me she was ordering herself some polaroid pictures from a different website (see her blog post here) and she was going to put hers in a frame. Personally, I have no room in my bedroom for anymore frames. So I went in search of inspiration on Pinterest, as per usual! I came across so many different ways people had displayed their pictures, from hanging them on string to framing them and simply sticking them on their walls. Then I came across the heart collages, and they looked amazing. So many people had recreated this idea and I just had to try it.

Unfortunately, I'm no good as judging pictures in terms of how to organise and work out the layout. Luckily for me, I came across this template which helped me a lot:




This template helped me so much and the end result looks, if I'm completely honest, fantastic. I am so pleased with how the collage has turned out, and I would definitely encourage anyone who is looking for something to do with their old photos or polaroids to definitely recreate something like this - or maybe try out your own collage idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment