Tuesday 5 November 2013

'Remember when you were my boat, And I was your sea..'

Hey guys! Seeing as it's officially bonfire night (remember remember the 5th of November etc etc), I figured I'd write a firework-related post. For all those You Me At Six fans, you could probably guess by the title of my post - taken from their song 'Fireworks', of course!

Now, who doesn't love fireworks right? I love them. Let's be honest, they are pretty awesome. Admittedly, as a child, they scared the hell out of me. Most children are! They're loud and big and scary. But, over the past couple of years in particular, I've grown to love them more and more. This year and last year have been the only years I have actually gone out and enjoyed them.

Last year, I did a couple of things for the firework period. Firstly, a group of us went to a firework display at the primary school I was doing my childcare placement in. Was so fun to watch, just all the colours lighting up the sky. Insane. Then, a couple of us spent an evening setting out own fireworks off in a field just outside of Wootton Bassett. We all finished work around half 9, bought some fireworks and headed out. I let the others be the ones to set off the fireworks while I sat freezing my backside off playing with sparklers - I was too much of a wuss to do them myself! Far too risky for me haha. Still, we had a fun night all the same.

  




  
This year, I spent bonfire night with my best friend. As we're such cheapskates, we decided we'd watch the local primary school's fireworks from her back garden - probably had a better view if I'm honest! Anyway, we got some marshmallows and a Starbucks hot chocolate and waited for it to begin. Now, when it's as cold as it is, you can't have cold marshmallow.. Enter the candle! Roasted marshmallows, hot chocolate and fireworks on a crisp autumn evening - the definition of a perfect evening! We sat and watched the school display, which we constantly thought had ended with the long intervals every 15 minutes or so, then sat and watched the other fireworks going on around the housing estate. All was perfect! Then we heard something come down with a thud and a smash, kind of killed the atmosphere a bit but remained perfect all the same.

Hope you guys had an amazing fireworks night too! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment