Friday 25 October 2013

Cats - The Musical

Hey guys! So the other day, my best friend of over ten years, Louise, and her twin, Chesca, turned 20. The big two oh! Scary thought. We decided to travel to Bristol to watch Cats The Musical at the Hippodrome on the Monday night to celebrate their birthday.Go out in style etc! I even wore a dress, we definitely went out with some form of style..


Now, going back a few years, me and Louise watched Cats The Musical back in the day of primary school in Year 6 back when we had to roll the TV and Video Player in on a trolley - that shows how long ago it was! We were looking at something in Literacy which linked into Macavity in Cats and, as a treat, our teacher let us watch it. I absolutely loved it and watched it over and over again whenever I went to my Grandparent's house for a short period of time. Such a good musical.

So yeah. After a well overdue trip to Nandos and filling ourselves up, we headed out to do a bit of last minute shopping before the shops in Bristol closed and headed to the Hippodrome. Oh what a journey that was! The cold and wet streets of Bristol in the dark were a delight to walk down.. Then we arrived at the Hippodrome, where we were met by a small crowd also waiting to go in. We got their a bit early so we went to the very nice Piano Bar next to the theatre, very civilised in there! Felt very out of place... We waited in there until they opened the doors, then we were off!


Has to be said, we had amazing seats! We were sat on the end of the the fifth row so we had the best view possible. I thought sitting on the aisle seat would be the best for me, oh how wrong I was.. Turns out a lot of the characters liked going up and down the aisles! We were scared witless seeing cats with glowing eyes coming down the aisle next to us, my god. Quite a sinister thing having people with glow-in-the-dark goggles running near you. Definitely one way to open the show!




Watching the show was simply mind-blowing, we absolutely loved it! Let's just say it takes a very comfortable man to wear tights and face paint on a stage in front of hundreds of people. Can't really complain with a few of them, definitely got a bit hot under the collar with a couple of them! In particular, had my eye on the Macavity character. As I said to Louise: 

'I wonder if he has a six-pack under there...'

They were amazing though, every single actor up there! We were so hooked throughout. The makeup, the stage itself, the characters.. All so mind-blowing and beyond epic. I would definitely recommend this musical. Hands down, one of the best I've ever seen and an all time childhood favourite!

No comments:

Post a Comment