Sunday 22 September 2013

Song of the week - 22.9.13

Hey guys! Been slacking this week with the music posts as I've been up to my ears with college work and placement sorting etc. Anyways, here's this week's song choice of the week! This week's song is Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk.



 (source: www.youtube.com)

After the past few months, this song basically sums up how I feel. For those who have ever been through a pretty rough break up, I'm sure you guys can relate to this song too. Aside the fact it's been one of my favourite songs for years, I find that, lately, I can really relate this to my own feelings..

Relationships aren't as easy and fairytale like as you want them to be. Not everyone gets the happy ending they want and that sucks, especially when you see people who have been in relationships for years and seem to have their own perfect fairytale love story. Not like that for everyone. Definitely not for me. Been in a few relationships over the years, all incredibly different but all end in the same aftermath.

This song talks about the come downs after a relationship and the aftermath of it all. For some people, it's bitter and all that comes out of it is 'why did I waste my time with them'. however, for some people, it's more complicated and confusing. None of my breakups have ever been simple, not ever. The most recent one was probably one of the most painful though. But that's life. You can mope around over it and dig yourself a hole of depression, or you can get out there and make the best of your life and prove you're capable of better. It's just getting out of the hangover from being love drunk which is the worst...

No comments:

Post a Comment