Friday 6 September 2013

Dave Grohl

Hey guys! For this music post, I'm going to be looking at the one and only, truly amazing.. Dave Grohl. This guy is a musical inspiration, as I'm sure most people would agree, and is by FAR one of the greatest all time musical inspirations!
 
(source: www.reddit.com)
 
 Personally, I think this guy is truly amazing. I'm sure many of you will agree! For starters, he's made himself a great name in the music industry. Being a drummer for both Nirvana and Queens Of The Stone Age as well as the vocalist and guitarist for The Foo Fighters, a singer/song writer, and doing his part in other bands, this guy has definitely got around many bands! I think it's safe to say he is definitely an amazing all-rounder which music should be grateful to have. 

 
(source: lynezixi.comze.com)

I first heard of Dave Grohl through The Foo Fighters and I absolutely love them and their music. I was never aware that he was in Nirvana until it was pointed out to me when watching one of Nirvana's videos on Kerrang. He worked alongside Kurt Cobain, how awesome is that?! I recently saw his appearance in Queens Of The Stone Age when watching their video 'No one Knows', which you can watch here, also on Kerrang (what can I say, I really like Kerrang!). He has given himself one hell of a reputation from working with so many bands and putting himself out there.

 
 (source: www.last.fm)

This guy is definitely an inspiration to me. He's shown me that putting yourself out there can help you better yourself and get your name well known in many ways. He's known worldwide for his musical talents as well as for the music itself. I can imagine for quite a few people who are into their music, he would definitely be one hell of an inspiration! I mean this guy is talented, no doubt about that... So many people would kill to be that talented. I'm not musical and I would love to be as talented and as well known as him. 

For those who have never listened to his music (if not, where have you been hiding?!), I would highly recommend Dave Grohl's music. His music is simply incredible. You'd be silly not to! So many songs I could recommend to you, but I shall leave it down to you to decide your ultimate favourites. Personally, my top 3 of his include:

  1. Best of You - The Foo Fighters
  2. Learn To Fly - The Foo Fighters
  3. Everlong - The Foo Fighters

No comments:

Post a Comment